July 11, 2019
Bespoke, Ultrasound Guided Core Stability by BWT Physio
- Many people with weak core control muscles already benefit from Pilates as a form of exercise, however BWT Physio can offer you something far more superior.
- With the help of Ultrasound scanning we can ensure you are working your core muscles correctly and accurately saving you time and money.
Muscles work in layers to control your posture and movement. Larger, global muscles push and pull you whilst some act as slings to give you postural stability, but it’s the job of the shorter, local muscles that we need the most. Sadly these are the ones we struggle to find and switch on correctly in large group classes. Often we cheat and use the wrong muscles or fail to activate them correctly at all.
Our Pilates Service
Here at BWT Physio we use ultrasound guided assessments to ensure you are moving these muscles correctly first by providing a graded level of assessments bespoke to your needs.
The ultrasound creates a picture for you of your abdominal muscles, and you will be able to see them moving and feel what is right or wrong, making sure you get the most effective results from your Pilates classes.
No room for cheating! Call 01202 749514
- We provide an initial free mini consultation to identify your Pilates and core stability needs
- Allocation to the level of studio session suitable for you or
- For more complex issues we recommend either a full or standard assessment with bespoke treatment. The bespoke Ultrasound guided assessment with treatment session is performed by one of our senior abdominal clinicians,or a standard Pilates assessment with treatment performed by our Pilates class instructors.
- Both full assessment sessions are for 60 mins and you will receive a bespoke exercise regime for you to continue with at home.
- Sessions with the Ultrasound scanner are performed in our bespoke 1:1 clinic room by our abdominal clinicians.You can opt for 30 or 60 minute sessions at this stage.
- The screen image provides instant feedback of the improvement you have achieved
- Any corrections can be made to improve your technique to practice at home.
Classes are taught by Physiotherapists who specialise in Pilates in 2:1 formats with your own bespoke exercise regime or in small classes of up to 8 people.
- Flow – multidirectional flowing control exercises to improve core stability awareness and gentle control
- Fit – more targeted planes of movement with the addition of challenging you with small equipment
- Perform – advanced control through loading, longer levers, challenging postures and patterns of movement. This is ideal for the sporting and higher performing students
- Antenatal – pregnancy core stability and mobility classes
- Postnatal – recovery of the core and control system following childbirth and throughout the postpartum stage of recovery