Sports and Remedial Massage
Most individuals participate in sporting activities for enjoyment and also the beneficial effects on their health such as; improved strength and mobility, balance and stamina and also weight control. Injuries can be subtle, occurring only after the 5th mile of a run, or more obviously occurring on the soccer pitch.
BWT Chartered Physiotherapists are specialists in the analysis and treatment of these injuries which require early, accurate intervention, a regime of tailored and specific rehabilitation exercises to enable the return of the individual back to their sporting or activity event with no loss of performance.
BWT Sports Massage Therapists have a thorough understanding of anatomy and physiology, and in particular, the muscular and skeletal system. Understanding these systems brings an appreciation of how massage can benefit the sports person and can become an integral part of the training programme enhancing performance and aiding in the recovery period post competition.
Skilful massage is a most effective treatment for the reduction of muscle stiffness, used regularly it can assist in the prevention of injury.
BWT Massage Therapists will always discuss with their patient what they are hoping to achieve from receiving Sports Massage, so that the massage can be specifically tailored to that individual ensuring that they receive maximum benefit from the treatment.
- Stimulates circulation removing waste material from cells and improves blood vessel function
- Speeds recovery and increases quality and quantity of training and/or daily functioning
- Prevents muscle injuries becoming debilitating
- Enhances sports performance
- Improves recovery and rehabilitation
- Relieves muscle tension produced by chronic occupational and postural fatigue
- Breaks down scar tissue and adhesions that will have a detrimental effect of performance and/or daily living
- Identifies potential musculo-skeletal problems early on before they stop you doing what you need/want to do.
- Identifies potential overuse of muscles in your training. Improves training/technique/posture
- Improves flexibility and assists with stretching.
As the name suggests remedial massage uses manual therapy techniques to remedy your problem.
Remedial Massage offers a remedy for musculo-skeletal associated pain and dysfunction which can be caused by stresses and strains of both the physical and of emotional aspects of daily living. Massage can:
- Assist with stress/tension headaches
- Relieve stress
- Increase mobility
- Improve bloodflow
- Promote relaxation
- Improve posture
- Relieve muscle strain produced by chronic occupational and postural fatigue
Regular “maintenance” massage can prevent any “niggles” from becoming a more serious injury.