What is Lymphatic Drainage Massage?
Lymphatic Drainage Massage treatment can reduce the swelling in your legs, arms or any parts of your body which are causing discomfort and pain.
The Lymphatic Drainage Massage is a kind of massage which works on the lymphatic vessel. The task of the lymphatic system is to stimulate circulation removing waste material from the superficial tissues and improving superficial blood vessel, superficial muscles function and lymphatic system in order to reduce the swelling.
There are several causes which can lead you to swollen limbs such as
- Genetic predisposition: e.g. genetic weakness of the blood vessels;
- Injuries, post-operative surgery, overweight, pregnancy and post-pregnancy;
- Drugs and hormones dysfunction due to overuse or intolerance: e.g. nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug, diuretics, cortisone;
- Chronic venous insufficiency, commonly as known as varicose veins;
- Strengthen the immunity system
- Relieve swelling and heaviness due to liquid congestion
- Reduce water retention
- Reduce hematomas due to post-operative surgery
- Help to drain the drugs remains
For any other information regarding treatment and tariff, please don’t hesitate to contact us at BWT Physio 01202 749514.