The Benefits of Acupuncture
Why include Acupuncture as part of your physiotherapy treatment?
- Chartered Physiotherapists who have undertaken post graduate training and are members of The Acupuncture Association of Chartered Physiotherapists (AACP) are registered to use acupuncture as part of their scope of practice to reduce pain and inflammation. www.aacp.org.uk
- Statistically at least 70% of the population will respond positively to acupuncture. It is specifically recommended by the National Institute for Clinical Excellence (NICE) for treatment of low back pain, migraine, tension type headache and osteoarthritis
- BWT physiotherapists are able to use acupuncture as an adjunct to your overall treatment process. Their expertise at the procedure itself and ability to put your mind at ease makes even the most anxious patient relaxed with their treatment.
What should I expect to happen?
- The needles used are extremely fine. They are single use, sterile and disposed of immediately after use. The National Blood Transfusion Service approves acupuncture treatment provided by AACP members.
- Your physiotherapist will assess for any medical conditions that may be incompatible with the treatment and will explain these to you. A consent to treatment form is required prior to treatment which ensures your safety.
Call or email to speak to a physiotherapist with any questions you may have on